Date: April 28-2, 2013
Venue: Grand Hyatt
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Highlights of this year's meeting include:
- Keynote Address: Aamir Farid, Vice President of Manufacturing - Americas at Shell will kick off the meeting by giving the keynote address.
- Fuels and Petrochemicals Division Welcome Session and Keynote Address
- 9th Global Congress on Process Safety
- Industrial Water Use and Reuse Workshop
- Local Section Leadership Workshop
Daily Highlights (Browse all sessions by day, here)
- Shale Oil and Gas Q&A Session
- Designing Unusual Chemical Products: Examples of unusual chemical products and their associated processes, along with case studies, best practices and engineering approaches for producing unique products are of interest during this session.
- Emerging Technologies in Clean Energy: Will especially focus on fuel cells and hydrogen storage.
- Spring Networking Luncheon - New for 2013. Network with fellow attendees from a vast array of chemical engineering areas and disciplines.
- Advanced Technologies for Reduction of Atmospheric Emissions in the Petrochemical and Refining Industries: Innovations that help the chemical and refining industries comply with air emission regulations.
- CO2 Conversion, Processing & Sequestration: This session will focus on the conversion and processing of CO2 to valuable products; and will also include the advances in sequestration technology for greenhouse gases such as CO2 and CH4.
- Sustainable & Renewable Biofuels: Development of processes for sustainable and renewable biofuels production, along with technical and economic evaluation of various routes.
- Environmental & Water Solutions: The world's water supply is diminishing, so there are increasing challenges to conserve water, reduce emissions, and look for more sustainable solutions. This session will discuss solutions of newer, more sustainable methods that will challenge traditional water supply sources. Topics will include water re-use and new water treatment techniques.
- Renewable Substitutes for Petroleum Products: Innovations that combine chemical and biological processes are resulting in specialty chemicals and other products from environmentally friendly and renewable resources. It is expected that the market share for renewable sourced chemical products will grow substantially in the coming years as consumers and manufactures look to the “bio economy” for ways to lessen their impact on the environment.
- Gasification Technologies & Gas Cleanup: Will include discussions on a Novel Warm Gas Multi-Contaminant Removal System and Catalytic Conversion Wood Syngas to ‘Wide Cut' Diesel Over A Multifunctional Catalyst.
- 2011 AIChE Spring Meeting & Global Congress on Process Safety
- 2013 Spring Meeting and 9th Global Congress on Process Safety
- ZOVIRAX FOR SALE
- AIChE Spring 2011 Meeting and Global Congress Kick Off in Chicago Today [On Location]
- Gustavo Amaral of Petrobras Interviewed at 2011 Global Congress on Process Safety [On Location]